Integrative Counsellor - Adult; Couples, B.Sc.(Hon)
Integrative Counsellor – Adults; Couples
Claire has extensive experience dealing with trauma and bereavement, having been a Registered Midwife and Registered General Nurse for over 35 years. She can offer specialist support to those who have experienced miscarriage, pregnancy loss, obstetric complications, IVF, menopause, anxiety, depression and life-limiting illnesses. She has specialist bereavement training with the National Counselling Society.
Claire also works with couples.
By bringing together different elements of counselling therapy, Claire is able to treat clients from a wide demographic, working both short and long-term.
Claire has been a Registered Midwife and Registered General Nurse for over 35 years. In that time, she has worked in the NHS and in private practice with people who have experienced everything from anxiety, depression stress and trauma to family issues, pregnancy issues and life-limiting illnesses.
Professional & Academic Qualifications – Counselling
- Advanced Specialist Bereavement Training with the National Counselling Society
- BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (RACC) 2020
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2017/18 – CPCAB Level 2 & 3, Richmond Adult Community College
- CRUSE Bereavement Support Foundation Course 2021
- IARTT International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy 2021
- Complete Couples 2021/22 – Couples Counselling
Professional & Academic Qualifications – Nursing & Midwifery
Registered General Nurse/Midwife 1992
Special and Intensive Care of the New Born 1995
B.Sc. (Hons.) Professional Studies in Midwifery 1998
The Neuro-Behavioural Physiological Assessment of the Newborn 2000
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics, Provider Course, London 2000
Registration / Accreditation
Member of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy – (MBACP)