Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- Long/medium-term therapy using a relational psychodynamic approach
- Medium or short-term therapy using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Sara is a Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) chartered counselling psychologist and a registered British Psychological Society (BPS) practitioner psychologist.
Initially, Sara seeks to explore and understand her clients’ experiences whilst building a sense of trust and rapport within the therapeutic relationship. Then, depending on individual client goals, Sara can offer a range of therapeutic interventions, working flexibly to support clients to better understand their own experiences or to learn new skills and shift their behavioural patterns.
Sara has engaged in nine years of education within the psychology and therapy field including three university degrees in psychology and practitioner training. In addition, Sara has worked in various roles as a therapist over the past eleven years. These previous roles include working at an addiction rehabilitation unit, for child protection services, the NHS, as a secondary school therapist and at two local universities as a student therapist.
Furthermore, Sara has worked as an assistant psychologist at a neurological rehabilitation centre carrying out neurological psychometric cognitive assessments and administering individual rehabilitation plans for clients following traumatic brain injury. The role also included supporting client family members and offering weekly group therapy to staff working at the centre.
Professional & academic qualifications
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology Degree
- Masters (MSc) Clinical Psychology Degree
- BSc Psychology, First Class Honours Degree
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- Engagement in regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society
- Member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists